Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A lesson in government spending

C'mon, Census Bureau... you know I don't recycle!

Wow.  The way my mailbox keeps getting loaded up, I was thinking maybe it was my birthday.  But, no, it is just the Census sending me all this junk just to ask me my race 3 different ways.  (For this blog post, Hispanic origins are not races).

They can send me all the shit they want, and ask me in 7 different languages, but they aren't getting my phone number.

UPDATE (3/22/10): I just received another piece of trash I don't intend to recycle!  A piece of mail (postcard) reminding me that Census 2010 keeps sending me mail.  Fantastic.
Read. Get Smarter.

    2 comments:

    Gnome Enthusiast said...

    I filled mine out and put "Unknown" for the race, then explained to them that they should pay for DNA tests so that I would know my race better.

    Duck of Death said...

    I'm putting "white" as long as they keep asking... whether they should be asking is the question.

    Post a Comment